Monday, September 30, 2013 at 11:13 PMWebmaster Level: Intermediate to Advanced We filmed a video providing more details about expanding your site to more languages or country-based language variations. The video covers details about rel=”alternate” hreflang and potential implementation on your multilingual and/or multinational site.
Video and slides on expanding your site to more languagesYou can watch the entire video or skip to the relevant sections:
- Potential search issues with international sites
- Questions to ask within your company before beginning international expansion
- International site use cases
- rel=”alternate” hreflang and hreflang=”x-default”: details and implementation
- Best practices
- Webmaster Help Center article on rel=”alternate” hreflang and hreflang=”x-default”
- More blog posts
- Working with multilingual sites
- Working with multiregional sites
- New markup for multilingual content
- Introducing "x-default hreflang” for international landing pages"
- Webmaster discussion forum FAQ on internationalization
- Webmaster discussion forum for internationalization (review answers or post your own question!)